- THEORY - It’s essential that you complete your assigned E-Learning, Homework or knowledge reviews before the course start date. This gives you time to think of any questions you may have, absorb some of the more technical information and allows us to progress through the theory sections as efficiently as possible. Failure to complete your theory means that you can’t take part in the confined water sessions or open water dives. This could lead to the cancellation of your course without a refund.
- Swim test – It is a requirement of SSI, SDI or PADI Open Water courses that you complete a swim test. You are required to:
- Swim 200 meters (or 300m in mask, fins and snorkel) using any stroke with no time limit.
- Complete a float or tread water for 10 minutes in water which is too deep to stand.
- Medical – Please go through the SSI, SDI or PADI medical Statement and answer all questions honestly and accurately. If you answer YES to any of the questions you MUST obtain a medical clearance certificate from a qualified Doctor before the course start as otherwise we cannot allow you into the water. Failure to do this before the course start date will mean that you are unable to take part in your course, and will be treated as a cancellation, thus needing to re-book a new course at full price.
- PAYMENT- Our prices are quoted with GST (Goods & Servive Tax). All purchases are charged in New Zealand Dollars. You can pay by:-
Credit or Debit card, we currently accept Visa or Master Card.
We use FetchTM (Kiwibank Limited’s payment gateway) to process your credit card payments so your order is safe and secure. We do not receive your credit card number from Kiwibank
- Weather - Diving is a weather dependent sport. Our experienced team will always make our decisions regarding suitable diving conditions with safety as our priority. We will always choose the best diving location available on the day. In the event that the weather is not suitable for any safe diving activities, we will postpone and offer you an alternative date/s. We regret that we cannot refund a partially completed course in the event the weather is not suitable on your desired dates.
- Catch ups – Our courses have a schedule that is designed to have the right balance between giving students time to learn and master their skills and progressing at an efficient pace, this suits most students. However, occasionally, some students need additional time to fully master the requirements of the course. In these circumstances, we are more than happy to arrange extra time with one of our Instructors, but this is at the student’s expense; our rate for additional one to one Instructor time is $150 per person per session.
- Gear Hire – For all Open Water Courses all equipment is supplied except mask, snorkel, fins & boots. You’re welcome to bring your own, or purchase your own. If you are booking your course via your local Hunting & Fishing store you are welcome to purchase your Mask, Snorkel, Fins and boots from them.
- Minimum numbers - For all courses we have a minimum student numbers requirement for the course to run. For SSI, SDI and PADI Open Water Courses this is 4 students. For all other SSI, SDI and PADI recreational courses this is 2 students. In the event that minimum numbers are not met, you will be given the option of an alternative course date or a refund. For all SSI, SDI and PADI Technical dives courses the minimum student number is 1.
- Language - All course materials, such as the manuals and exams, are available in several languages. However please note, unless you have booked a course specifically advertised as being conducted in a particular language, all teaching is done in English. While our instructional team are very experienced at teaching students whose native language is not English, it is essential for your learning and ongoing safety that you are fully capable and competent in understanding spoken English. If you require materials in an alternate language to English make sure you contact us to discuss this.
- Dates - All courses purchased for a specific date and not completed may incur an increase in cost which may have been implemented since the time of booking.
- Please remember that you are booking a course, not a certification. There are several key performance requirements for all recreational and technical dive courses. If you do not meet the required performance criteria we won’t certify you.