Blue ocean Clean up dive in Lake Taupo!
The Blue Oceans movement supports the conservation and sustainable use of aquatic environments, including oceans, seas, coasts, and waterways and their magnificent diversity of plant and animal species,
Scuba divers, free divers and shore crew all needed! Be prepared to get wet and dirty!
There will be a sausage sizzle and prize competition for most interesting find and a number of spot prizes, donated by our amazing sponsors so be sure to come along and help out.
DATE: Sunday 22nd November 2020.
LOCATION: Acacia Bay, Lake
12pm - Registrations open - ALL PARTICIPANTS, SHORE CREW AND DIVERS, MUST REGISTER ON ARRIVAL.
1pm - Safety Briefing
1.30pm - Divers in the water (45 min max dive time)
2.30pm Sorting trash into recycling piles and sausage sizzle
3.30pm - Prize giving
4pm Clean-up and pack down.
This will be at Taupo Lake, shore based clean up targeting rubbish and things that don't belong
Scuba Divers who wish to participate must have a minimum of 10 logged and be comfortable working in low visibility, you will need to bring your dive certification (NO CERT NO DIVE)
Dive shack Taupo can provide any hire equipment at $10 a tank or air fills
We will be giving out catch bags but If you also have your own or float boats for collecting rubbish, please bring this along and ensure they are named.
If you would like to join in the fun and participate as part of the shore crew, you will need to make sure you are wearing fully covered shoes and bring a pair of gardening gloves....... also be prepared to get down and dirty!
• This is a free family friendly event, but children must be supervised at all times by an adult.
• Closed toe footwear must be worn for safety.
• Please bring your own hand protection (gardening gloves or similar).
• Don’t forget your own water bottle and bring sunscreen if it’s a warm day.
• Dress for the weather (warm clothes and jackets) – we go ahead rain or shine.
• There will also be plenty of work for non-divers to get involved.
If this event is cancelled due to weather, notification will be given on the Facebook page, the day before.
We look forward to seeing you there!